To add a shape, click Insert, click Shapes, select a shape, and then click and drag to draw the shape. After you add one or more shapes, you can add text, bullets, and numbering to them, and you can change their fill, outline, and other effects on the Format tab.
How do you make an irregular shape in Word?
- On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click Shapes.
- Under Lines, do one of the following: To draw a shape that has both curved and straight segments, click Freeform. …
- Click anywhere in the document, and then drag to draw. …
- To finish drawing the shape, do one of the following:
How do I save a custom shape in Word?
How do I insert a shape into a shape in Word?
- Click the shape for which you want to add a picture.
- On the Format tab, in the Shape Styles group, click the arrow next to Shape Fill.
- In the folder or location that the contains the picture you want to use, click the picture file, and then click Insert.
How can I put my signature on a Word document?
- Click where you want the line.
- Click Insert > Signature Line.
- Click Microsoft Office Signature Line.
- In the Signature Setup box, you can type a name in the Suggested signerbox. You can also add a title in the Suggested signer’s title box.
- Click OK. The signature line appears in your document.
How do I edit points in Word?
- Select the shape that you want to edit.
- On the Format tab, click Edit Shape. , and then click Edit Points.
- Drag one of the vertexes that outline the shape. A vertex is the point, indicated by a black dot, where a curve ends or the point where two line segments meet in a freeform shape.
How can I make a template?
Open the presentation that you want to save as a template. On the File tab, click Save as Template. In the Save As box, type the name that you want to use for the new template. (Optional) In the Where box, choose a location where the template will be saved.
How do I fill a picture in Word?
- Step 1: Open an MS Word document. First, you have to open up a Word document. …
- Step 2: Insert the image. …
- Step 3: Select the Text Wrap Style. …
- Step 4: Drag and resize the image.
What is a default font style?
Default – (As it relates to computer software) A particular setting in a program that is assigned automatically by the program and remains in effect until changed by a user. Example: The default font style and size in Word 2007 is Calibri, 11 point.
How do you add a drawing tab in Word?
- Right-click the Ribbon and select Customize the Ribbon.
- Check the box next to Draw, then click OK.
- The Draw tab will now be available in the Ribbon.
How do you delete a shape in Word?
Delete a shape
Click the shape that you want to delete, and then press Delete. To delete multiple shapes, press Ctrl while you click the shapes that you want to delete, and then press Delete.
How can I copy a signature from a photo?
- Find your signature from an image. From your recent photos or on your phone gallery, choose an image that contains your signature. …
- Choose a scanner app. …
- Scan the image. …
- Crop the scanned image. …
- Use the scanned signature.
How do I create a free electronic signature?
DocuSign offers a free electronic signature tool for electronically signing documents on practically any device. Add an electronic signature to a document for free. Sign forms, contracts, and agreements in minutes, using a computer, tablet or mobile phone. Upload a document to sign with an electronic signature.
How do I insert a shape in Excel?
Add a shape in Excel, Outlook, Word, or PowerPoint
On the Insert tab, click Shapes. Click the shape you want, click anywhere in the workspace, and then drag to place the shape.
How do you Format a text box?
To format the text in the text box, select it, and then Control + Click the text and select Font. To add different effects to the text box, select the text box, and use the options on the Shape Format tab (such as changing the text direction or aligning the text at the top, middle or bottom of the text box).
How do you start a new document in Word?
- Open Word. Or, if Word is already open, select File > New.
- In the Search for online templates box, enter a search word like letter, resume, or invoice. Or, select a category under the search box like Business, Personal, or Education.
- Click a template to see a preview. …
- Select Create.
What is a template in Word?
A template is a document type that creates a copy of itself when you open it. For example, a business plan is a common document that is written in Word. Instead of creating the structure of the business plan from scratch, you can use a template with predefined page layout, fonts, margins, and styles.
What are the different types of templates?
- Site templates.
- Navigation templates.
- App templates.
- Form templates.
- Page content templates.
- Content builder element templates.
- Widget templates.
How do you decorate a Word document?
Themes add a professional look to your document.
- Select Design > Themes.
- Point to a theme to preview how it will look.
- Select the theme you want.
How do you delete headers in Word?
- Go to Insert > Header or Footer, and then select Remove Header or Remove Footer.
- If your document has more than one section, repeat this process for each section.
How do I eliminate a blank page in Word?
- Click or tap anywhere in the page you want to delete, press Ctrl+G.
- In the Enter page number box, type page.
- Press Enter on your keyboard, and then select Close.
- Verify that a page of content is selected, and then press Delete on your keyboard.